Description: (PRESTIGE CLASS) A shifter has no form they call their own. Instead, they clothe themselves in whatever shape is most expedient at the time. While others base their identities largely on their external forms, the shifter actually comes closer to their true self through all of their transformations. Of necessity, their sense of self is based not on their outward form, but on their soul, which is truly the only constant about them. It is the inner strength of that soul that enables them to take on any shape and remain themselves within.
Hit die: d8
Proficiencies: No additional proficiencies are gained.
curse song, divine might, divine shield, extra music, extra turning, lingering song, quicken spell, spell focus, two-weapon fighting, weapon proficiency (exotic), weapon proficiency (martial), weapon proficiency (simple), weapon specialization
These general feats cannot be selected when taking a level of shifter.
Base attack bonus: +1 levels (This is increased from 3/4 in ALOE)
To qualify as a shifter, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria:
Spellcasting: level 3 druid spell or higher
|Lvl||BAB||Saves||Feats||HP range||Forms becoming available|
|1st||+1||+2||+2||+0||greater wildshape I||4-8||wyrmling|
|3rd||+3||+3||+3||+1||greater wildshape II||12-24||harpy, gargoyle, minotaur|
|4th||+4||+4||+4||+1||infinite greater wildshape I||16-32|
|5th||+5||+4||+4||+1||greater wildshape III||20-40||basilisk, drider, manticore|
|7th||+7||+5||+5||+2||humanoid shape, infinite greater wildshape II||28-56||drow warrior, lizardfolk whipmaster, kobold commando|
|10th||+10||+7||+7||+3||greater wildshape IV, infinite greater wildshape III||40-80||dire tiger, medusa, mindflayer|
Tip: Becoming a shifterEdit
- Only druids can become shifters in Neverwinter Nights.
The epic shifter is a true master of shapeshifting and is able to become virtually any creature imaginable by choosing epic bonus feats.
Hit die: d8
Skill points: 4 + int modifier
Bonus feats: The epic shifter gains a bonus feat every three levels. In other words, at levels 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, and 28.
Epic bonus feats: automatic quicken spell, automatic silent spell, automatic still spell, construct shape, dragon shape, epic energy resistance, epic spell focus, epic spell penetration, great wisdom, improved combat casting, outsider shape, undead shape, improved shapeshift
Unavailable epic feats:
bane of enemies,
epic spell: dragon knight, epic spell: epic mage armor, epic spell: epic warding, epic spell: greater ruin, epic spell: hellball, epic spell: mummy dust,
epic weapon specialization, great smiting,
improved ki strike 4, improved ki strike 5, improved sneak attack,
improved spell resistance, improved stunning fist,
lasting inspiration, mighty rage,
planar turning, terrifying rage, thundering rage
These epic general feats cannot be selected when taking a level of shifter.
Epic shifter level progressionEdit
|Lvl||Feats||HP range||Forms becoming available|
|11th||44-88||epic harpy, epic gargoyle, epic minotaur|
|13th||bonus feat, infinite humanoid shape||52-104|
|15th||60-120||epic basilisk, epic drider, epic manticore|
|16th||bonus feat, infinite greater wildshape IV||64-128|
|17th||68-136||epic drow warrior, epic lizardfolk whipmaster, epic kobold commando|
Shifter forms Edit
Edon has the Neverwinter Nights standard range of Shifted creatures.
The script that controls what items merge has been customised for Edon.
When in another form, all of the benefits of the shifter's weapon and armor will apply, and other items may apply depending on the shape, merging with the new form.
Note: The requirement for Dragon Shape is still Wild Shape 5 (14 levels of Druid) and not the 1.69 requirement of Wildshape 6 (18 levels of Druid).
The below table lists the shifter shapes, which item properties merge, and which feat provides the shape.
|Wyrmling (any)||Y||Y||Y||Greater Wildshape I|
|Harpy||Y||Y||Y||Greater Wildshape II|
|Basilisk||Y||Y||Greater Wildshape III|
|Drow warrior||Y||Y||Y||Humanoid Shape|
|Dire tiger||Y||Y||Greater Wildshape IV|
|Epic harpy||Y||Y||Y||Greater Wildshape II
upgrade at level 11
|Epic basilisk||Y||Y||Greater Wildshape III
upgrade at level 15
|Epic drow warrior||Y||Y||Y||Humanoid Shape
upgrade at level 17
|Epic lizardfolk whipmaster||Y||Y||Y|
|Epic kobold commando||Y||Y||Y|
|Risen lord||Y||Y||Y||Undead shape|
|Azer chieftain||Y||Y||Y||Outsider shape|
|Death slaad lord||Y||Y|
|Stone golem||Y||Y||Construct shape|
|Dragon (any)||Y||Y||Dragon shape|
Item merge Edit
- Weapon is the primary weapon slot.
- Items are both ring slots, amulet slot, cloak slot, boots slot, belt slot. and gauntlets/bracelets
- Armor is the armor slot, shield slot (shield only, offhand weapons do not merge), and helmet slot.
- Unlike standard NWN shifters, Weapon will merge with every form
- If the primary weapon slot is empty, then weapon properties from monk gloves may be merged.
- Because only the properties of the items are taken, and the item is "removed" and unavailable in the shifted form, any penalties from armor, such as penalties on skills, do not apply when shifted. This also means that a druid/shifter/monk who had been wearing armor or using a shield prior to shifting will have their special abilities reinstated because they will no longer be wearing armor or using a shield.
- Racial ability score bonuses/penalties (e.g. elven +2 Dex, -2Cons) apply corresponding benefits and penalties to strength damage, devastating critical DC, AB (including dexterity AB in weapon finesse), skills, saves, AC, and HP when the corresponding ability score is not overridden. The ability score on the character sheet and the command GetAbilityScore() will not report racial bonuses/penalties to ability scores, however GetAbilityModifier() will as long as the ability score is not overridden. Any overridden stat is not influenced by racial ability score bonuses/penalties.
- The shifter and druid shapeshifting feats cannot be dispelled.
- Spell resistance from the shapes does not stack with the monk's diamond soul feat.
- Damage reduction from the shapes does not stack with other forms of damage reduction.
- All of the shapes which require an epic shifter actually require greater wildshape IV. Hence, they can be taken with 10 levels of shifter as opposed to 11.
- Shifters (and druids) cannot take the weapon proficiency (simple, martial, or exotic) feats on a shifter (or druid) level. An elven shifter will receive racial bonus proficiencies in longsword, rapier, longbow, and shortbow. In order to gain additional proficiencies, a level of a third class can be taken.